Welcome to the University of Maryland’s volunteer opportunity website. Our goal is to connect students, faculty, and staff at the University of Maryland, Baltimore and employees at the University of Maryland Medical Center with volunteer projects in our area. It’s a place for you to sign up for service activities, and a place to post service activities that need volunteers.
By creating an account on this site, you can also indicate your areas of interest and your availability to volunteer, and someone from the Community Engagement team will contact you when opportunities arise that fit your profile. If you have questions about this website, please contact us.
YouthWorks Mentor – volunteer
June 29 @ 8:00 am - July 31 @ 5:00 pm
The Office of Community Engagement and The Office of Accountability & Compliance are looking for volunteers to become YouthWorks Mentors.
A YouthWorks Mentor will volunteer their time between June 29, 2020 and July 31, 2020.
As a YouthWorks Mentor you must commit to:
• Attending the students’ first day of orientation to meet and get to know them. (2 hours)
• Participating in a minimum of three (3) additional activities (scheduled from 12:00pm – 1:00pm on Wednesdays) for the five week duration.
• Contact your student weekly throughout the program, such as meeting for lunch, talking on the phone, and assist and discuss in exploring career and educational options.
• Review the students resume and assist with writing suggestions.
• Providing a YouthWorks student the opportunity to shadow you and/or a colleague up to a ½ day
• Being able to attend YouthWorks closing ceremony.
• You must have your supervisor’s approval to become a YW Mentor.