Welcome to the University of Maryland’s volunteer opportunities. Our goal is to connect students, faculty, and staff at the University of Maryland, Baltimore and employees at the University of Maryland Medical Center with volunteer projects in our area. It’s a place for you to sign up for service activities, and a place to post service activities that need volunteers.
By creating an account on this site, you can also indicate your areas of interest and your availability to volunteer, and someone from the Community Engagement team will contact you when opportunities arise that fit your profile. If you have questions about this website, please contact us.
With our nationally ranked schools, leading centers, and acclaimed programs, the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is on the move. Take advantage of this exciting time to become one of our key stakeholders and help UMB catalyze global advances in health and human services.
- This event has passed.
Donate Thanksgiving Meals
November 5, 2018 - November 13, 2018
UMB’s Staff Senate and Office of Community Engagement are hosting a Thanksgiving food drive to benefit CURE Scholar & Police Activity League families of West Baltimore.
TO FILL A BASKET, EACH DONATION SHOULD INCLUDE: 2 boxes of stuffing 2 cans of cranberries 2 boxes of mashed potatoes 2 cans sweet potatoes 2 cans of gravy 4 cans of vegetables (corn, peas, green beans, etc.)
DON’T HAVE TIME TO SHOP? Donate online through the STAFF SENATE giving page (umaryland.edu/giving/thanksgiving)
COLLECTION DROP OFF Through Tuesday, November 13th donations can be placed in collection bins located at the following locations:
1. Saratoga Building lobby, 220 Arch Street
2. 620 W. Lexington Street lobby& 2nd floor lobby
3. MSTF Atrium, BIORESCO, 695 W. Baltimore Street
4. Cancer Center, Clinical Research Center, 22 N. Greene Street
5. School of Social Work lobby, 525 W. Redwood St.
6. School of Nursing lobby, 655 W. Lombard St.
7. School of Nursing, 6th Floor in front of elevators
8. SMC Campus Center lobby next to guard station, 621 W. Lombard St.
9. Facilities Maintenance Service Center, 622 W. Fayette Street
10. 655 West Baltimore Street, Bressler Research Building, Room 7-022
11. HSF II Building lobby, 20 Penn Street
12. School of Law lobby, 500 W. Baltimore Street