Welcome to the University of Maryland’s volunteer opportunities. Our goal is to connect students, faculty, and staff at the University of Maryland, Baltimore and employees at the University of Maryland Medical Center with volunteer projects in our area. It’s a place for you to sign up for service activities, and a place to post service activities that need volunteers.
By creating an account on this site, you can also indicate your areas of interest and your availability to volunteer, and someone from the Community Engagement team will contact you when opportunities arise that fit your profile. If you have questions about this website, please contact us.
With our nationally ranked schools, leading centers, and acclaimed programs, the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is on the move. Take advantage of this exciting time to become one of our key stakeholders and help UMB catalyze global advances in health and human services.
- This event has passed.
27th Annual Patient Appreciation Party for UMB Patients living with HIV, Hepatitis C and other infections
December 12, 2018 @ December 12, 2018 - December 12, 2018
This year’s party will be held on December 12th. With your assistance, we hope to provide our patients with a delicious hot meal and a bag of groceries, toiletries, and warm weather gear. Activities at the party will include ‘adopt a stuffed-animal’ (always a big hit!), holiday crafts, photos with Santa, and door prizes. We expect 150-200 guests.
Please consider sharing with those in need this holiday season. We are looking for items on the list below to complete our gift baskets. For smaller gift bag items, we are requesting 200 of each, if possible, but any donations are much appreciated.
• Monetary Donations
• Nonperishable foods or grocery store gift cards ($25 increments)
• New stuffed animals
• Gloves, hats, scarves, and warm socks
• Other small gifts for gift bags
• Door prizes (e.g. sports tickets, gift baskets, jewelry, electronics, gift cards etc.)
• *All items must be small enough to be transported on public transportation and must be received by December 5th. If you would like a tax deductible receipt, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange drop off of your donation. Items can be dropped off at IHV, 725 W. Lombard Street